It’s Summer! Getting Your Home Ready for Sale
Are you planning a move? Let Queen B Organizing help you prepare! Realtors across the Willamette Valley are indicating a high volume of sales for the spring and summer. While the pandemic has created some major ripples in the real estate industry that will likely be in place for the foreseeable future, you can still sell your home at a price you’re happy with in this market.
Here is some information to get you on the right path for both online and in-person listings:
Prep Your Home
From decluttering to staging, start with these basics to be sure your home looks its best.
- First, declutter every room in your home to create a visually appealing space.
- Then, deep clean every nook and cranny to make it sparkle!
- Once your home is clutter-free and spotless, stage furniture to make it look perfect, yet lived-in.
- Be sure the exterior of your home is clean and well-kept; curb appeal is one of several major selling points.
Consider hiring professionals who can make the entire home selling process easier. Check your local Chamber of Commerce for reputable businesses.
- A professional organizer like a staff member from Queen B Organizing, can make a huge difference in your home’s presentation and save you time packing.
- A professional cleaner can keep your home spic-and-span throughout the selling process.
- Unless you have ample experience in photography, hire a professional to do your listing photos and video. You want them to stand out.
Showing Your Home
While there’s something special about seeing a home personally, there are several ways that buyers can view your home virtually.
- Realtors can take buyers on a live tour by using a video chat app.
- Professional photographers can create a 3D walkthrough of your home, which allows buyers to tour your home whenever they want – no appointment needed.
- When your listing photos and videos are good quality, often that is all buyers need to see to make an offer!
Though things have changed in the real estate market, you can still land the home sale you’ve been looking for. Remember to invest in staging your home, look into alternatives to in-person showings, and work with professionals who can showcase your home.
Summer is here and the pandemic doesn’t have to keep you from moving on. Let Queen B Organizing help you through the transition. Call today to learn how!
For more information, check out these links:
Decluttering Your Home Room by Room
How to Make Your Home Look Its Very Best for Selling
Guide to Real Estate Video Marketing
with thanks to Natalie Jones, HomeownerBliss.info